I haven’t posted anything in a while, so what a great time to show off a brand new flyer created by the workshop’s very own Martin Van Velsen:
So, now we’re really getting geared up for the much-anticipated release of the After Happy Hour Review. Editors have started to meet weekly and are working hard to discuss, review and respond to all submissions received. Thank you all for submitting.
Thursday, March 27, 2014 – Assemble – 7:30pm-10:00pm (doors @ 7:30, reading @ 8)
- RSVP Today via facebook, or just come on out
- Join our email list on the sidebar, since I finally figured out how to do this on WordPress, then you can be sure to read the journal once its out
- Hoping to have art for sale and on display for the reading,
- Readers will to be determined soon
- Keep your eye out for a teaser poem and short story from the journal!
The Writing Workshop has been phenomenal, with the new structure writers have received 2 hours of feedback, sharing time between two groups for an hour each. And now there are a variety of facilitators for the first time. Lot 17 has been a wonderful host, and I do want to thank John and staff for being so gracious.
You can check out the workshop calendar, but January was really fun, with a lot of fresh writers contributing as well as some familiar faces.
- January 9 – Kara Helmick-Nelsen (Poems), Thomas Walko (Journal) (Last Big Idea Bookstore Workshop RIP)
- January 16 – Melissa Dias-Mandoly (Poems), Justin Bayer (Short Fiction)
- January 23 – Julia Cook (Short Fiction), Jennica Tamler (Short Fiction)
- January 30 – Thomas Walko (Short Fiction), Gina Bacola (Novel Excerpt)
This Thursday we get some fresh fiction from Lea Bridi, and poetry from Bryan McCarthy.
See you out there,